BeagleBone is a high-performance, low-power single board computer family, developed by Texas Instruments. It has an ARM® Cortex™-A8 processors on board and shipped with Ångström Linux distribution. Commonly robotics, motor drivers applications.
Many other Linux distributions and operating systems are also supported on BeagleBone including:
- Arago Linux distribution: available and supported by TI as part of the Linux EZ SDK for Sitara ARM Processors.
- Android: available and supported by TI as part of the Android Development Kit for Sitara Processors.
- Windows Embedded Compact 7: available and supported by Adeneo Embedded as part of the WEC7 BSP for BeagleBone.
- Board size: 3.4" x 2.1"
- DDR memory: 256 MB
- Development environment: Cloud9 IDE on Node.JS with Bonescript library
- Ethernet: On-chip 10/100 Ethernet
- JTAG: On-board USB-to-serial/JTAG
- Memory: microSD slot & 4-GB microSD card w/ Angstrom Linux Distribution
- Power Options: Via USB or 5V DC input
- Processor: 720-MHz AM3358 Sitara ARM Cortex-A8
- USB: 1-port USB 2.0
Source and more information at: BeagleBone Development Board.