TLDR: Having trouble with generated moveit configuration allowing movement in two of the three axis for the end effector position. Almost certainly an error in my actions / urdf.
In the last 6 months cheap alloy robot arms have appeared on ebay, total cost of less than $100. I can link to the specific one but have not right off the bat to not be an advert.
I have created an xacro file describing the arm. I know I have not modeled the gripper correctly, it is a reasonably common design using a single servo controlling two pincers that close. Modeling that part is hopefully an issue for later playing.
When I use the MoveIt setup assistant I get an output that is working in some cases. If I set the goal state to random valid the plan and execute moves the arm as one would hope. I can only grab and move one of the three sets of arrows to manually adjust the end effector position in rviz. The one available allows movement along the wrist axis. I can not move the end effector directly left/right or up/down with those axis arrows. The arrows move but make no change to the position of the arm state. Rotation is similar with only one rotator working.
Any thoughts from folks who have hit similar issues would be wonderful.
Setup Assistant Session:
roslaunch moveit_setup_assistant setup_assistant.launch
- Choose create new MoveIt Configuration Package
- Load /.../src/six_dof_arm_czb/urdf/arm.xacro
- Arm image can be seen on the right
- Generate Collision Matrix
- Not used at start. It is assumed the arm is fixed in location.
1. name: arm
2. kinematic solver: KDLKinematicsPlugin
3. Add Joints: bottom_joint, shoulder_pan_joint, elbow_joint, wrist_pitch_joint, wrise_roll_joint
1. name: pincer
2. Kinematic solver: None
3. Joints: pincer_joint
- Add Pose. name: home
1. name: pincer
2. end effector group: pincer
3. parent link: wrist_roll_link
- Save path: /.../src/six_dof_arm_czb_moveit
- Generate Package
Post score: 0