I need two state linear actuator. You can have a look at the picture to understand what I mean.

Don't care about the hand !

mit inform project
(source: robaid.com)

I need to electrically move the things like this squares up and down. Bidirectional linear actuators are needed. What is the cheapest and tiniest actuator (or sth else) that I can use to move this squares up and down. There are just two states ('up','down'). Don't care how much higher a square rises, when it is up.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ The question isn't clear. Presumably a user uses a finger to press a button. What is the "two state linear actuator" supposed to do? Also, what's the bigger picture? Ie, what is your overall goal? $\endgroup$ Sep 21 '14 at 1:11
  • $\begingroup$ Updated the question $\endgroup$
    – gungor
    Oct 10 '14 at 23:35

What you are looking for is called a solenoid.

  • $\begingroup$ Short and to teh point, Ian :-) $\endgroup$
    – Andrew
    Oct 23 '14 at 10:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.