0
$\begingroup$

Rosanswers logo

I was looking through some of the launch and node files and wasn't sure where to begin with adjusting turtlebots speed when executing a goal in gmapping or amcl? I want the robot to move a bit slower to clean up some of the jerkyness. Also like to include that I am using Diamondback on 10.10 with updated and basically stock turtlebot files(with the exception of adjusting the teleop packages to slow speed). I am assuming the gmapping works differently than the teleop. Am I wrong? Any advice appreciated


Originally posted by Atom on ROS Answers with karma: 458 on 2011-11-04

Post score: 3

$\endgroup$

1 Answer 1

0
$\begingroup$

Rosanswers logo

Hi Atom,

I haven't tried this with my TurtleBot, but I think you can lower the max_vel_x parameter in the file base_local_planner_params.yaml which is found in the config directory of the turtlebot_navigation package. The default value is 0.50 m/s. You might also try tweaking some other parameters in that file such as:

  min_vel_x: 0.10
  max_rotational_vel: 1.5
  min_in_place_rotational_vel: 1.0
  acc_lim_th: 0.75
  acc_lim_x: 0.50
  acc_lim_y: 0.50

--patrick


Originally posted by Pi Robot with karma: 4046 on 2011-11-05

This answer was ACCEPTED on the original site

Post score: 2


Original comments

Comment by Pi Robot on 2011-11-05:
Great! If you are happy with the answer, please click on the little checkmark above (only you can do that) and then the answer will appear as "answered" in the index.

Comment by Atom on 2011-11-05:
I also reduced all the parameters you listed in half. ( trying to reduce the original speed by 1/2) Works better for me now, Although I will try using turtlebot calibrate to clean things up, or just keep playing with the numbers till I find the sweet spot.. Thanks Patrick

Comment by Atom on 2011-11-05:
I changed values in the params.yaml as you suggested. Seems to do the trick. Although I did notice that my mapping with turtlebot in rviz was a bit faster in rotation than in reality. Which gave me a inaccurate map. So I ended up matching the values from my teleop.launch and that helped...

$\endgroup$

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.