I want do make following installation (blowing bottle tops as music instrument):

V - valve
B - bottle

|mini air compressor|
  |  |  |  |  |  |
  V  V  V  V  V  V
  |  |  |  |  |  |
  B  B  B  B  B  B

And I want to use and rc servo as electro valve (throttle) to control air flow for each bottle. Is there any other way to do that?


1 Answer 1


Generally you won't need a servo. The more common way to throttle a flow is to use pneumatic solenoid valves (which are either open or closed) and control them with PWM.

See (for example) this link. This is also how the boost controller in many cars works.

  • $\begingroup$ this is quite good solution. and I'll consider it ... but it's not the cheapest one :), rc servo is still cheapest and easiest to use (just connect it to uC and you're ready to go) $\endgroup$ Commented May 7, 2014 at 6:29
  • $\begingroup$ What are you using for a valve that makes it cheaper than the industry standard? $\endgroup$
    – Ian
    Commented May 7, 2014 at 16:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.