I'm building my first quadrocopter, and I'm trying to come up with a parts list that is suitable for a first build.
I will use this to learn how to fly a quadrocopter manually (lots of crashes!), and to do some experiments with running AI for piloting it.
A couple questions about the below list of parts:
Is this a good choice for a first build? Are we missing any crucial parts?
Do these components work together? Is this battery strong enough to fuel all the components that need power?
Here's the current list of parts:
- Frame - 450 mm
- Propellers - 10x4.5", two pairs
- Motor (4x) - 900kv brushless outrunner motor; max current: 18A; ESC: 25-30A; cell count:3s-4s lipoly
- Electronic speed controllers (4x) - 20A constant current, 25A burst current; battery: 2-4S lipoly
- Battery - 3300mAh lipoly, 11.1v, 3 cell; constant discharge: 30C, peak discharge: 40C. charge plug: JST-XH. 3300 mAh x 30C = 99 amps?
- Charger - lipoly, 50W, 6A, 12v power supply
- Power supply - input: AC 100-240v 50/60Hz; output: DC15v 5A
- Arduino board
- Gyroscope for arduino
- Accelerometer for arduino
- GPS sensor for arduino?
- RC transmitter for arduino
- RC controller