I am asking very general question, but i would appreciate if someone helps me. I want to use ROS for manufacturing process (Not robots) as a middleware that can create simulated Cyber physical system environment to enabling the interoperability of different nodes in real time. Before start involving in ROS, i would like to ask you below questions.
- ROS can be usable other than robot application for our manufacturing system ?
- If yes, then what challenges i will face? if i want to use it for manufacturing system?
- What are advantages/disadvantages of using ROS as a middleware in normal manufacturing process?
- How much time it will take to develop ROS middleware for normal manufacturing process? (I never used ROS)
- I know C++/Python are good options, but what programming language is best for me?
- Is their any other options are available other than can use as a middleware in my manufacturing process that can create simulated Cyber physical system environment to enabling the interoperability of different nodes? I would appreciate if someone suggest me other options, which can easy to use than ROS.
Thanks a ton