I am looking at the ServoCity Bogie platform - it comes with 6 motors.
The motor listed specs are:
- Suggested Voltage: 4.5 VDC
- No Load Current: 190 mA
- Max. Load Current: 250 mA
I was planning on using Adafruit's TB6612 based solution - it can handle "Power Supply current VM=15V max; Output current - IOUT=1.2 A(ave) / 3.2 A (peak)"
My questions are:
- Can I combine each side's 3 motors into 1 H-Bridge?
- I assume so, and I would wire it in parallel. Is it then simply 3x250 mA = 750 mA draw?
- How do I calculate the battery voltage requirement?
A bonus question - The Feather board linked above has two of these chips; can I bridge the H-Bridge outputs to allow for a double amperage output?
H-Bridge => 2 outputs parallel => 3 motors in parallel.
If so, this would allow for slightly more powerful motors in the future.