I don't know if this is a purely "robot" question or a more DIY/hackish one, but let's give it a try.
I currently have a set of cards that I want to sort based on several criteria.
My setup includes:
- MeArm A 4 DOF robot arm
- Raspberry Pi 3 + Shields for controlling the arm
- A mini vacuum pump, hold in place by the gripper
These are the steps:
- Move the arm on top of pile of cards
- Turn on the vacuum pump
- Pick the first card
- Move the arm in the right spot
- Turn off the pump and let the card fall
Everything is working fine, my only main issue occurs when I'm lifting the arm. It seems that between the cards there are some kind of forces and under the first one, several others come up, attached.
I tried to shake the arm and make them fall, but it's not working.
Any suggestions? Maybe I'm missing some simple/obvious solution.