Where I can buy an actuator that consists of a motor that turns a screw that moves a rod?

enter image description here

  • 2
    $\begingroup$ I think you are looking for a linear actuator. $\endgroup$
    – Octopus
    Mar 1, 2017 at 23:05
  • $\begingroup$ Welcome to Robotics, SoftwareFramework. As it stands, it's not clear what your goal is. Do you want the rod to translate (slide along its longitudinal axis) or do you want the rod to rotate? Can you explain the gear/screw setup? Are you trying to look for a device that can't be back-driven? I'm going to put the question on hold to give you the opportunity to edit your question to include details of what you're looking for because right now it seems that people are guessing. $\endgroup$
    – Chuck
    Apr 1, 2017 at 15:11

1 Answer 1


Are you talking about a worm drive (pictured below)? Worm Drive

If so there are plenty of places to get one depending on your needs, I have linked some below:

And many others, if you could tell us more about what you want to do we could be more helpful.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.