I'm a swimmer and would like to create a small object that would help me folow my trainning plannification.
In other words I want to create a custum stopwatch, with 5 colored led that will be on or off according to the trainning program.
This is my training:
- 0:00 to 5:00 : Low Effort (Green light)
- 5:00 to 15:00 : Medium Effort (Yellow light)
- 15:00 to 20:00 : High Effort (Orange Light)
- 20:00 to 25:00 : Medium Effort (Yellow light)
- 25:00 to 26:00 : Maximum Effort (Red light)
- 26:00 to 30:00 : Low Effort (Green light)
- 30:00 Trainning done (Should turn off automaticaly.)
The whole thing must be waterproof. Must work on battery.
I'm asking for some guidelines, I'm not asking for a complete patent(would be appreciated though) but the main idea how to do it. So I can avoid wasting my time on research and tests.
I don't want to spend too much time on the project less than 100 hours maybe. I have studied in computer science and I have most of the materials I'll need. I can buy what is missing.
I'm a little bit noob on this kind of project, I want to know how you do it.
Thanks for help.