I want to create an amateur wire looping machine with Arduino, that has similar functionality than this machine. I don't need the automatic wire feeding as for my purposes this part can be done manually. I just want to automate the wire loop creation process, assuming that I already have straight wires.
I'm new to the world of motors, robotics, etc., so please be as descriptive as possible :)
From the video, I can tell that there are two motors:
- Makes the initial wire bending
- Spins to create the loop
The wire that I will be working with is galvanized steel of 11 gauge (2.0 - 2.5 mm diameter).
So what type of motors would be recommended for this application, taking into account:
- They need to be accurate in their positioning for repeat ability
- They need to have enough torque (specially the one that creates the loop itself) to work with this type of material
- They're as fast as (or close to) the ones in the video
- This is not going to be an industrial grade machine that will be running all the time
- Ideally, they need to be not that expensive.. I don't want to be bankrupt by the end of this project :)
- If links can be included for recommended products, it would be great.